Types of fertilizers: What are suitable for my garden or yard?
Manure or compost is any substance (whether organic or not) used to improve the quality of the substrate to improve the rooting of plants. Today we will look at the types of fertilizers.
The primary function of fertilizer is to provide nutrients to your plants and crops to grow more and better.
Types of Fertilizers
Its composition is based on animal or plant materials. There is also called synthesis from urea:
- Peat: is known for being natural materials exposed to high temperature and humidity, resulting in material decomposition. These are mixed with the substrate resulting in a fertile and suitable for agricultural growth soil. There are two types: peat, is not ideal for all crops because their pH is very low; and black peat, its ability to absorb water is less but is more alkaline.
- Compost: Obtained from the controlled decomposition of organic elements, mainly vegetables. It tries to mimic the natural decay that occurs in nature. This system is viral because it is easy to produce it at home; it is only necessary to separate the inorganic waste organically. This fertilizer to be biodegradable rearranges natural soil structure improving it.
- Manure was the most widely used fertilizer in agricultural areas until the appearance of agrochemicals, which supplanted. The feces of the animals constitute it. The main feature is the high level of nitrogen has, although this varies according to the animal since not all the same food consumed. The best is usually the sheep. The most considerable manure is often used for biogas production.
- Vermicompost: The digestive movement of the worms conducts this fertilizer. It is resulting in a nutrient-rich and better even than natural compost toilet material is obtained. It is deposited above the substrate, between the leaves and organic waste materials. It is also possible for domestic production. It is only necessary to buy earthworms and, like compost, organic matter discarded.
- Green fertilization: Its main feature is that the same Plantes that are planted serve as fertilizer. These once grown are cut and placed back in the substrate, so that decompose in place and enrich the soil. Legumbre is used mainly because they can deposit on earth the nitrogen consuming. Also, to enhance the land, it protects natural soil erosion, rain, sun, etc.
- Guano: It is called guano fertilizer resulting from the excretions of seabirds, thanks to its fish-based diet produce stools with a high level of potassium and nitrogen. This is mixed with the substrate to administer such substances.
- Bonemeal: They are often useful because of their high phosphorus content, allowing flowering plants. However, it may be too alkaline, for its high content of lime, so it tends to hinder the absorption of other nutrients. In turn, it helps stabilize soil with highly acidic pH. It is recommended the payment of hooves and antlers for its high level of nitrogen.
- Ashes: They are used to correct the pH on the grounds. They should be exclusively ashes obtained from organic materials. They are magnesium, potassium, and calcium but lack nitrogen.
These types of fertilizers containing mineral substances obtained by chemical plants or exploitation of deposits minerals. They can be classified in three ways: Composition, status, or type of application. The most used is by its composition:
- Pure fertilizers: Its form is based solely on one element. There are three types: nitrogen, phosphate, and potash.
- Composts: These contain two or more types of nutrients. Identification depends on three serial numbers, and represent what percentage of wealth contains nitrogen, phosphorus, and potassium, in that order. For example, 52 kg of 9-23-23: 9 nitrogen, phosphorus 23, and 23 potassium. Are subclassified into: complex fertilizers, the main feature is packaged as granule is achieved and that each has the same proportion of N, PYK, are manufactured industrially; mixing or blending fertilizers (English: mixture), are combinations of different organic materials, but not the chemically reacted in the composition is more elements.