What is botrytis and how to control it?
One of the causes of the appearance of botrytis is moisture since it is essential for their development. This means that when higher the level of moisture in the atmosphere, the more likely it will have your plants get this fungus.
Ideal for botrytis round between 17 and 25 ° C temperature display, but can also occur at much higher temperatures. This fungus is causing outbreaks to rot in the base of the stems, fruits, flowers, and leaves. Attacks any plant, but adores those with tender, fleshy stems and leaves very soft.
Botrytis spores penetrate wounds that cause chafing, insects, and hail. This means that after a hailstorm, there will probably treat the other day plantations to prevent botrytis.
Symptoms of gray mold
As well commented above, all plant parts can be attacked by the gray mold, and the first visible signal will, therefore, change color as a textured plant.
In the same leaves, necrosis occurs while the stem may become brownish, weak, and ulcerated when attacked. However, the most common is to find the botrytis in the bud, turning pale, gray, dry, granulated, and cottony abroad.
How to control botrytis?
- Avoid wounds in plants.
- Be very careful pruning and when to place a Thinning of the leaves.
- Protects fragile plants from heavy rains.
- It reduces the risks, as well as humidity. Improves soil drainage.
- The kalanchoe, cyclamen, and cineraria are some indoor plants more susceptible to gray mold, so you should water them from below, placing them on a plate with moist pebbles.
- Put the pots in a ventilated to prevent excess moisture.
- Short diseased plant parts, or removes the entire plant completely, so it does not affect the rest.
- Clean the tools you use.
- Add pasta fungal wounds when pruning and thinning leaves.
- Performs preventive treatment every 10-12 days with systemic fungicides.
- A good product to combat botrytis is iprodione, a fungicide, and nematicide.
- Do not never plant a plant of the same species on earth where you have withdrawn a plant affected by gray mold since the fungus can remain in the soil and thus infect new.
ecological remedies against botrytis
Although the botrytis fungus is difficult to control, even with chemical fungicides, there are some organic remedies that are effective as bouillon broth nettles and wormwood. Read on to learn how to do it.
- To broth, nettles have to use a ratio of 100g of the whole plant fresh nettle (less root) per liter of water or 20g per liter of being a dry plant. After 15 days of fermentation, the broth is ready for use.
- To prepare the broth wormwood, have to immerse both stem and leaves at a rate of 100g per liter of water if it is fresh wormwood or 15g per liter, but it was dried. Let stand for 12 days before spraying botrytis affected by this ecological plant remedy.
Note that these two broths can use preventively, or if the plant has been affected by this fungus.
If this post has helped you, or, you know some other ecological remedy or know of any other way to fight gray mold, leave your comments.